The third and final look at the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater with Michael McBride, a 10-year veteran with the company. Through this organization he not only gained skills and experience in collaborating with some of the best dancers and choreographers on the planet, but he also found the love of his life, Samuel Lee Roberts, a fellow dancer in the company.
But it wasn't all smooth sailing for Michael. He's had some hard lessons to learn along the way and he talks about some of those, especially in the Final Five questions, also included in this episode.
Topics and People Mentioned:
- Alvin Ailey's REVELATIONS - https://www.alvinailey.org/performances/repertory/revelations
- Michael's engagement to Samuel - https://www.dancemagazine.com/when-two-ailey-dancers-get-engaged-of-course-there-are-professional-ba-2404644366.html
- Michael and Samuel dancing together: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aD9fGhW7xI
- Hope Boykin Teaches Revelations - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QefuHRw5948
- Matthew Rushing - https://www.dance-enthusiast.com/features/video/view/Matthew-Rushing-and-Hope-Boykin-Rushings-Surprise-Role-in-LIFT-by-Aszure-Barton-/#.XumIcmpKgWo
WINMI is a Top 20 Podcast thanks to you! https://blog.feedspot.com/theatre_podcasts/