Hannah Elless and Mykal Kilgore (and myself) first met doing a reading of a new musical called THE STAR CHILD. They have each gone on to do three Broadway shows, but they still love that new-car smell of a fresh, unknown piece of theater.
In today's conversation they explain why new works are so important, how their big families taught them to collaborate, and what success means to them and how they are still striving for it. Plus, they talk about the dream of a Broadway debut versus the reality of getting one.
- Listen to my episode with Jenny Stafford, book writer for STAR CHILD.
- Hear a song from Mykal's A MAN BORN BLACK.
- Watch Hannah's multi-instrument talents on display in "Ashville" from BRIGHT STAR.
May this podcast be a resource for you as you discover more ways to pursue a career in this industry and sustain it through the many ups and downs that follow.
- Reach out to me with comments or questions: https://contact.winmipodcast.com
- Support WINMI through your kind donations: https://ko-fi.com/winmipodcast
Music used in this episode from Podington Bear is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 International License. "Sidecar" • "Kitty in a Window" • "Smooth Actor"