We're now about halfway through the 2018-19 Broadway season, and several shows have closed and some still have yet to open. Ryan McPhee, Managing News Editor at PLAYBILL, joins the podcast once again to talk about the notable shows of the 2018-19 Broadway Season. We focus especially on those that are likely to get some Tony Award recognition.
Here's the list of all shows we mention in this episode:
• Andrea McArdle and Donna McKechnie at 54 Below
• Getting the Band Back Together did not get good reviews
• Head Over Heels was thrown out on its heels in January
• The Cher Show gets a diva endorsement
• American Son getting a Netflix adaptation
• The Intricacies of Family in Waverly Gallery and The Ferryman
• Lifespan of a Fact with Daniel Radcliffe
• Network and Bryan Cranston's electrifying performance reviews
• To Kill a Mockingbird overcame lawsuits to make it to Broadway
• Are you going to The Prom?
• King Kong stirs up controversy and bad reviews
• Be More Chill goes from Off-Broadway to the big time
• Kiss Me Kate in the #MeToo era
• Oklahoma! sets a darker tone in this reboot
• Hadestown's road to Broadway
• Gary: A Sequel to Titus Andronicus is a new comedy with Tony veterans
• Tootsie gets a facelift
• Beetlejuice...Beetlejuice...Beetlejuice out of town
• Ain't Too Proud to Beg, the latest Broadway temptation
Follow Ryan McPhee on Twitter.
"Hot Swing" by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0