Well, coronavirus is all people can talk about. It has completely changed our daily lives and interactions with others, especially in the world of theater. So I wanted to address it head on with friend-of-the-podcast Clayton Howe. We share how each of us lost our jobs and what we're doing now to keep going and make it through this extraordinary time in the world.
I also give 5 ways we as artists can regain control during a very uncertain moment in our lives and careers: Commitment, Outside, Variety, Introspection, and Dreams.
Articles mentioned in this episode:
- How stress influences disease - Science Daily
- A Connecticut Theater Finds New Ways To Get Art To Audiences - WSHU
- Getting At Least 7 Hours Of Sleep Helps Prevent Colds - NPR
- How Coronavirus Impacts Broadway – Variety
- How Coronavirus Shifted the World of Theater - The Guardian
- Broadway Finds a Way for the Show to Go On - NBC News
May this podcast be a resource for you as you discover more ways to pursue a career in this industry and sustain it through the many ups and downs that follow.
For further insights (Twitter) and unreleased audio clips of today's interview (Instagram) be a part of the WINMI community on social media @winmipodcast. And you can always reach out to me on the website: contact.winmipodcast.com
Lastly, this podcast is supported through kind donations of listeners like you by buying me a coffee.
Music used in this episode: