Since 1955, April 15th has been Tax Day, until this year...the year of COVID-19 and economic uncertainty. With so many unemployed, especially those of us in the arts, what are we to do. How can we manage our money? What money!?
In this episode, I'm sharing my conversation a year ago with Rebecca Selkowe, author of DOMINATE YOUR DEBT and head of the Financial Wellness Program at the Actors Fund in New York City. This is part one, where she gives us the basics of how we need to approach financial matters, not just from a numbers perspective but also the mental and emotional aspects as well.
Part two comes in the next episode, where Rebecca joins me again to talk about the here and now and what we need to do today to make it through such tough economic times brought on by quarantines, self-isolations, and shutdowns.
May this podcast be a resource for you as you discover more ways to pursue a career in this industry and sustain it through the many ups and downs that follow.
- For further insights on the topics covered in this episode: https://twitter.com/winmipodcast/
- Quotes and unreleased audio clips: https://www.instagram.com/winmipodcast/
- Reach out to me with comments or questions: https://contact.winmipodcast.com
- WINMI is supported through kind donations of listeners like you: https://ko-fi.com/winmipodcast
Music used in the episode:
- Theme songs from both Why I’ll Never Make It and The Spotlight Series, created by Patrick Oliver Jones on GarageBand.
- "Miss You" by Podington Bear is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 International License.