The 2nd Annual Auditions Stories is here! And this is only part one...focusing on the Audition Book and debunking 5 myths about what this book is supposed to be.
- The typical audition book has at least 20 songs (or monologues).
- It must contain material from every genre and era.
- "Show your range" means to hit your highest note.
- You don't need the full song in your book.
- It doesn't have to have a table of contents.
Here are the former guests featured in this episode with all-new stories from the audition room (click on their name to listen to their episode):
- Kelvin Moon Loh - Otho in BEETLEJUICE on Broadway
- Sherryl-Lee Secomb - Australian Director and An Idiot on Stage
- J. Harrison Ghee - Lola in KINKY BOOTS (Broadway & National Tour)
- Caroline Bowman - Elsa in FROZEN National Tour
- Janine DiVita - Anne in IF/THEN National Tour, Rizzo in GREASE on Broadway
- Joshua Morgan - Shelly Berger in Broadway's AIN'T TOO PROUD
- Terri Dollar - Talent Agent in North Carolina & Director of S.T.A.R.
- Bret Shuford - Broadway Husbands and Life Coach
- Amy Marie Stewart - "Definitive Guide to Building Your Audition Book" on Soundfly and at Theory Works.
May this podcast be a resource as you discover more ways to pursue a career in this industry and sustain it through the many ups and downs that follow. You can always reach out to me on the website: contact.winmipodcast.com
For insights and unreleased audio clips of today's interview, you can be a part of the WINMI community on Twitter and Instagram (@winmipodcast).
Lastly, this podcast is supported through kind donations of listeners like you by buying me a coffee.